‘Tis the season for all things merry, bright, and hey – boozy! Add a wintry cocktail to your holiday dinner lineup and you’re sure to impress your guests. Or, treat yourself and enjoy one solo while you do your self-care routine (you deserve it).
Here are 5 holiday cocktails we are trying this season:
Kick things up a notch and transform everybody’s favorite spicy marg into a holiday masterpiece with a dash of cinnamon and frosted sugar cranberries.
- 2 oz tequila of choice (skip for a mocktail)
- 1 oz orange juice, apple works too!
- 1/2 oz agave or simple syrup
- 1 lime
- 2 jalapeno slices
- Dash of cinnamon
- Tajin or salt for rim
- Shake up all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Coat the rim of your glass with lime juice and coat in tajin or salt.
- Pour mixture over ice and enjoy!
- If you’d like, take some freshly rinsed and wet cranberries and roll in sugar for a frosted cranberry garnish!
Made with nourishing ingredients, you actually won’t feel guilty about this one! Enjoy it on its own or make it boozy with Bailey’s cream, Peppermint Schnapp’s or Kahula.
- 3 large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 shot Bailey’s cream, Peppermint Schnapp’s or Kahula (optional)
- Soak dates in hot water for 5 minutes to soften
- Add all ingredients to blender, blend + enjoy!
This luxe SoCal resort knows a thing or two about creating a bougie holiday experience. So it makes sense that their mixologists would create some seriously delicious festive cocktails. Recreate this one at home when you’re feelin’ fancy.
- ½ oz Frangelico
- ½ oz Borghetti cafe espresso
- ¼ oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 oz Chipotle infused Del Maguey Mezcal
- 1 ½ oz Espresso
- Pour all ingredients in a shaker over ice
- Shake and strain into glass
- Top with cocoa nibs, cinnamon and chipotle powder
Bursting with winter citrus flavor, this margarita is sure to be a holiday staple in your house. It’s super easy to make, and this recipe can easily be converted into a large quantity to create the perfect holiday party punch!
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 2 cups no sugar added cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup Cointreau (orange liquor)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey, use more or less to your taste
- zest from 1 orange
- 3-4 cups ice
- Garnish: rosemary and sugared cranberries
- Combine the sugar and salt on a shallow plate. Rim each glass in salted sugar.
- In a blender, combine the tequila, cranberry juice, orange liquor, lime juice, cranberries, and honey. Add the ice and blend until slushy. Add the orange zest and blend to combine. Pour into your prepared glasses.
- Garnish with rosemary and sugared cranberries, if desired. Drink!
Fancy yet easy to make, this gin-based cocktail is a winner for New Year’s Eve! It’s a fruity, bubbly drink made with lots of yummy juice and topped with sparkling wine.
- 2 slices peeled ginger, muddled
- 3/4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz sparkling wine
- Garnish: grapefruit slice, rosemary sprig, whole cranberries
- Muddle ginger with juices
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine. Shake and strain into a coupe or flute.
- Top with sparkling wine, garnish, and enjoy!
Spending NYE at home? Us too! Read up on 6 Ideas For a Fun New Year’s Eve (At Home)