California dreams really do come true – Malibu Barbie® x L*SPACE is here! The quintessential California girl meets coastal cool style with this special collaboration celebrating the ultimate beach babe. Malibu Barbie® x L*SPACE brings together two iconic brands to create a limited edition swimwear collection designed to inspire confidence, fun, and days full of adventures with friends.
Dive in and check out the collection (plus trivia on Malibu Barbie®) below!
To celebrate her 50th anniversary, Malibu Barbie® and L*SPACE whipped up two flattering, retro-inspired swim pieces you’ll love to live in this summer – and beyond! The swimwear collection features a fun and feminine bubblegum pink shimmer crafted in the buttery-soft materials you know and love.
Fun Facts About Malibu Barbie®
- Malibu Barbie debuted in 1971. Along with Malibu Ken (boyfriend) Malibu Francie (cousin) and Malibu Skipper (sister).
- This doll embodied everything from that time: from her natural beach beauty look to the styling of her packaging and accessories.
- This was the first time Barbie had centered eyes and a smile showing teeth. The doll featured the now iconic aqua swimsuit, yellow beach towel, and fashionable pink bubble sunglasses.
- The Malibu Barbie line ran from 1971- 1984 cementing Barbie’s relevance as a California Girl.
- @Barbiestyle lists Malibu as Barbie’s current residence even today!
- A real home in Malibu was decked out in Barbie’s style for the brand’s 50thAnniversary in 2009.